Overview: The Call Centre Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. The Call Centre Officer will carry out and support a variety of activities, depending on his / her team assignment and GiveDirectly’s needs on any given day. In short, the Call Centre Officer will be responsible for executing the recipient surveys and associated processes that facilitate GiveDirectly’s unique cash transfer model. The role will reward high-quality judgment on operational questions and challenges, work ethic, communication skills, and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Follow up surveys: call recipients to administer surveys over the phone, to collect data used to improve the program and uncover any recipient problems.
- Hotline calls: answer the phone as recipients call in with questions or concerns, answering their questions and escalating any problems as necessary.
- Registration problem resolution: call the recipients who have not registered with Airtel money or who have registered with the wrong name(s), and advise them on how to register.
- Adverse Events Resolution: assist / advise recipients who have reported problems related to the program.
- A given Call Centre Officer may participate in these activities to varying degrees depending on the organization’s needs.
- A Call Centre Officer may be rotated through these responsibilities in order to foster professional development and growth.
- The ideal candidate for the job opportunity must hold a Degree in a relevant field
- One to two years’ experience working in the development sector
- Experience working in a call centre
- Computer and mobile device data entry knowledge and experience with good typing skills
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity
- Strong interest in advancing the distinctive values and mission of GiveDirectly
- Fluency in Chichewa and English and excellent communication skills
- Patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.