UbuntuNet Alliance is registered as a Trust in Malawi and operates as a not-for-profit business entity, providing connectivity and other value-added services to member National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) across the Eastern and Southern Africa. It also manages projects supported by development partners, especially the European Commission.
The Alliance is seeking to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates with ability to work in a multi-cultural community to fill the following position tenable at Lilongwe office
Business Development Officer
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Officer shall be responsible for developing and execution of strategies to increase revenue from services, identifying business opportunities, and in liaison with other key staff growing the customer base for these services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting market research to improve service delivery, develop new services and strategies of engaging member NRENs and Communities of Practice;
- Establish new contacts and relationships with Communities of Practice operating in Eastern and Southern Africa;
- Identify and negotiate new business opportunities with suppliers, and provisioning services to NRENs and Communities of Practice;
- Developing business models and plans for the Alliance’s value-added services;
- Growing a strong presence on all the Alliance’s social media platforms.
Qualifications and Personal Attribute
The person must possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or Marketing from a recognized institution.
- Proven experience working as a business development officer or similar role. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and strong inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, statistical knowledge, analytical mind, attention to detail and integrity.
- Knowledge of WordPress will have an added advantage.
Method Of Application
For more information about the scope of work please follow the link below:
Interested persons with appropriate qualifications and experience must submit their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae through email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Submission of proposals: 17th August 2022 at 23:59 CAT
UbuntuNet Alliance is an equal opportunities employer, all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit ubuntunet.net..