Timotheos Foundation is a local Malawian Christian Charity whose main objective is to support and care for orphans and other vulnerable children in Malawi. It was established on 1st September 2011 and officially registered under the Trustees incorporation act of Malawi on 3rd July 2012. We are affiliated to CONGOMA as well as the NGO Board of Malawi. The organization is seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated, and enthusiastic and God-fearing candidates of Malawian nationality for the positions as detailed below;
Reporting to: Administrator
Status of Employment: 1 year contract
Location: David Livingstone Christian Academy – Domasi, Zomba
The Bursar is there to handle all monetary issues including management of the budget, procurement, payment of suppliers and set up of the financial procedures. He/ she will also undertake general tasks, e.g. collecting fees from students, sending quotations and requisitions to the head office for the day today operation of the academy and distributing food items to the Cooking Mothers through the Matron for cooking.
- Be the custodian of requisitions forms
- Advising all the employees on how to fill in the requisitions
- Administration of petty cash float
- Liquidation of petty cash float before replenishment
- Checking all the requisitions if they are properly done and approved.
- Checking the attachment of financial documents
- Filling all the financial documents.
- Scanning all the documents into QuickBooks
- Responsible collection of school fees
- Responsible for reconciliation of school fees accounts
- Deposit money collected to the bank from school fees.
- Posting financial transactions into QuickBooks
- Receive and process stock requisition orders.
- Receiving goods on delivery from the suppliers
- Verifying that goods ordered match with the delivery note and specification details appearing on both stock requisition orders and invoices.
- Updating and maintaining the stock records
- Issuance of stocks to respective user sections
- Conducting monthly stock taking while ensuring that minimum stock levels and maximum stock levels are always maintained.
- Reconciliation of stock figure after the stock taking exercise
- Prepare monthly stock reports.
- Assist with transportation issues.
- To make sure that the warehouse is always clean and tidy.
- To make sure that the stock items are well organized on the shelves.
- Any other duties to be assigned from time to time by the immediate Supervisor.
- Attending prayer sessions at the school is a must.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of Certificate in Accounts
- Age between 30 to 45
- A valid driving licenses
- Over 3 years of experience as a secondary school bursar
- Be a Christian
- Be strong, energetic and alert always
- Having a loving heart for our children.
- Dedicated and flexible team player who will not settle for less than excellence in all undertakings.
- Good communication skills, humble, friendly and respecting others.
- Presentable, well-behaved, sober.
- Demonstrate dedication to work and efficiency and effectiveness in dealing with duties assigned.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Method Of Application
All qualified and interested candidates who meet the stated requirements must submit their application letters a copy of the national ID and current Curriculum Vitae, including copies of relevant certificates, indicating three traceable referees and their telephone numbers to the below post address;
Chichiri, Blantyre 3.
Note: Closing date for the receipt of completed application letters is 12:00 Midnight of Thursday, 08th February 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org