CCAP Nkhoma Synod
The CCAP Nkhoma Synod has an immediate opening at its Education Department:
BURSAR / ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The school Bursar/ Accounts Assistant provides administrative support to Head teacher,
Accountant, undertaking clerical tasks such as typing, filing, bookkeeping and other financial
related tasks. Working directly under the accountant, help to maintain the office and keep it
running smoothly. The Bursar/Accounts Assistant also deals with customers and external
agencies on financial issues on behalf of Head office.
Specifically, the bursar/Accounts Assistant will be required to perform the following tasks;
- Fees collection from students/learners in compliance with the fees policy
- Declare to the Head teacher, names of students with fees balances at the end of grace period of fees collection of each term.
- Keep organized books of tuition fees and files of receipts
- Ensure there is one hundred percent (100%) fees collection at the end of each term.
- Issue invoices to customers
- Oversee day-to-day cash management
- Process transactions, issue cheques, and update ledgers, budget, reimbursement
- Reconcile finance accounts through bank reconciliations, direct debits, invoices and identify
- Prepare cash books for all the bank accounts
- Review and file payroll documents
- Work with journals, sales and purchase ledgers and spreadsheets
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare expense reports on a regular basis; weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Manage annual budget
- Ensure all payment amounts and records are accurate
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma in Accounting
- 5 years and above work experience
- Must be result oriented, resourceful, innovative and mature.
- Must be able to work in a team and establish effective working relationships
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Must have knowledge in Quick book
Method Of Application
Applications must be submitted by close of business on 3 January, 2023 to:
The Education Secretary
CCAP Nkhoma Synod
P.O. Box 1545