SOS Children's Village
SOS Children’s Villages Malawi is a non-governmental child development organization which started its operations in Malawi in 1994. We envision every child belonging to a family and growing with love, respect and security. We achieve this through building families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
We support children who have lost parental care and those at risk of losing parental care to develop within a caring family environment to their full potential as contributing members of their respective societies.
We are currently operating SOS Children’s Villages Programmes in Blantyre, Lilongwe, Mzuzu and Ngabu.
In this context, we are looking for suitable candidates to fill vacant positions at National Office in Lilongwe, Vocational Training Centre, and Ngabu Programme in Chikwawa District.
The position is based at the Vocational Training Centre in Lilongwe and reports directly to the Principal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares schemes of work and keeps progress reports on individual basis and daily registers
- Encourages trainees to work on their own at their pace ensuring quality outcome.
- Ensures good and safe working environment through excellent communication skills making sure all training areas are kept clean all the time.
- Participates in assessment of national qualifications as internal assessors and verifiers
- Adheres to the assessment standards set up by TEVETA and other national and international examination regulatory bodies.
- Ensures adherence to set standards of service delivery in all program areas
- Ensure cost effectiveness in the use of training resources.
- Participate in the income generating activities through projects carried out on or off training campus
- Promotes products of the Centre in liaison with the entrepreneurship instructor.
- Ensures that the services of SOS VTC are promoted to the community in order to get optimum level of access in all programs
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Qualification/ Skills/Experience Required:
The candidate must possess a Malawi School Certificate of Education and any of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Education
- Level III TEVET Advanced Certificate in Bricklaying
- Diploma in Construction from NCIC
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Head of Human Resource & OD
SOS Children’s Villages Malawi.
P. O. Box 2359
Please ensure that you include your full contact details including telephone numbers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com