Farmers World Ltd
As part of its expansion drive, Farmers World Limited wishes to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the following existing vacancies, which are tenable at its Farmers World Head Office, Kanengo, Lilongwe.
BRANCH RISK MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
i. Contributing to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
ii. Providing value-added advice and support to business partners on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
- Developing a risk-based test plan by selecting an appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
- Performing audit tests and preparing working papers in accordance with the professional IIA standard methodology.
- Evaluating the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identifying and documenting control and process weaknesses and providing evidential support for findings.
- Proposing practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Organizing and referencing paper work for review by Financial Controller.
- Participating in closing meetings with the Branches staff at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations on all identified issues.
- Assisting in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the department and Senior Management.
- Providing consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes.
- Conducting internal audits on all suspected fraud cases within the Business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management.
- Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards with regard to planning, testing, sampling and documentation.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel.
Method Of Application
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, deliver your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of three traceable referees one of whom should be your current or former employer to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Farmers World Ltd,
P. O. Box 1631,
email@example.com to reach him not later than Friday 20th January 2023.
Farmers World Limited is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org