United Civil Servants SACCO
United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and
credit products to civil servants in Malawi its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all
Malawians. It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to help
in improving their community and country.
Branch Operations Officer (3)
The Branch Operations officer is responsible for the day to day operations of a branch; ensuring the attainment of membership targets and overseeing teller to provide excellent customer service. Branch operations officer also ensure that the branch has all the equipment and set-up needed to keep it in working order.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage membership and loans stimulation
- Stimulate demand according to given targets
- Giving reports daily, weekly and monthly on given targets
2. Management of member Account Opening
- ID and signature attachments in the system
- Insertion done correctly PSM
- Membership form signed and filed
- Membership registers updated.
4. Query Handling Management
- All incoming queries recorded
- reporting queries to customer service department on time
- Queries handled on time and effectively
- Reports on query management
- Members given feedback timely
- Query register updated.
5. Loans Administration Management
- Loan forms properly checked and signed
- Insertions done correctly on PSM
- Loans sent to the credit department within TAT
- Processing Relief loan within TAT
- Updating loan registers.
6. Cash management
- Receive cash for deposits and loan repayments
- Verify amounts and check accuracy of deposits and loan repayments.
7. Delinquency Management
- Insertions done correctly on PSM
- Retirement age properly checked
- Follow up on member terminated on PSM
8. Welfare fund Registration
- Registration of members on welfare fund
- Sending registration data to welfare department timely
- Receiving claim form from members.
9. Registers Management
- Updating all registers timely
- Registers signed by line manager as per TAT
10. Filing of all documents
- All documents to be on file
- All files labelled clearly
- Documents filed in a chronological order
11. Spending according to budget
- Monitoring resources to keep the cost down
- Checking and controlling expenditure
Qualification and skills
- A degree in any business-related discipline plus 1 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning, organizing and monitoring skills
- Good communication skills,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field from recognized university plus 2.years’ experience in a financial institution; or a business-related diploma with 5.years’ experience in a financial institution.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High integrity.
Location: This position is tenable in various districts in Malawi.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters
with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV)with three referees listed plus copies of certificates MSCE,
and academic papers not later 9th February 2023 to;
The General Manager
United Civil Servants Sacco
P.O Box 294
Or email; email@example.com
All applications sent to the email must have the position being applied for in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org