United Civil Servants SACCO
The United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and credit products to civil servants in Malawi its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all civil servants in Malawi. It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to help in improving their community and country.
Branch Operations Officer (several)
The Branch Operations officer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a branch; ensuring the attainment of membership targets and overseeing teller to provide excellent customer service. Branch operations officer also ensure that the branch has all the equipment and set-up needed to keep it in working order.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage membership and loans stimulation
- Stimulate demand according to given targets
- Giving reports daily, weekly and monthly on given targets
- Management of member Account Opening
- ID and signature attachments in the system
- Insertion done correctly PSM
- Membership form signed and filed
- Membership registers updated
- Query Handling Management
- All incoming queries recorded
- reporting queries to customer service department on time
- Queries handled on time and effectively
- Reports on query management
- Members given feedback timely
- Query register updated
- Loans Administration Management
- Loan forms properly checked and signed
- Insertions done correctly on PSM
- Loans sent to the credit department within TAT
- Processing Relief loan within TAT
- Updating loan registers
- Cash management
- Receive cash for deposits and loan repayments
- Verify amounts and check accuracy of deposits and loan repayments
- Delinquency Management
- Insertions done correctly on PSM
- Retirement age properly checked
- Follow up on member terminated on PSM
- Welfare fund Registration
- Registration of members on welfare fund
- Sending registration data to welfare department timely
- Receiving claim form from members.
- Registers Management
- Updating all registers timely
- Registers signed by line manager as per TAT
- Filing of all documents
- All documents to be on file
- All files labeled clearly
- Documents filed in a chronological order
- Spending according to budget
- Monitoring resources to keep the cost down
- Checking and controlling expenditure
Qualification and skills
- Degree in any business-related discipline plus 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Experience in promoting and selling financial products and services.
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service and maintaining high customer satisfaction levels
- Some prior experience in a supervisory or management role is often preferred.
- Skill in handling customer complaints and disputes effectively and professionally
- Knowledge of computer software such as word processors, spreadsheets and banking software
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- A good understanding of compliance requirements and experience in ensuring the branch adheres to these regulations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in cash handling.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of branch staff.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Teamwork and, in some cases, sales skills
- Some experience in a busy Office will be an added advantage
- Excellent Customer service skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with at least three (3) traceable references plus copies of certificates including MSCE not later than 12 November 2023, to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged