GardaWorld (M) Limited
Position: Branch HR Manager (1 Post)
GardaWorld (M) Limited seeks to engage the services of a Branch Human Resources Manager to be based at the Regional Office in Blantyre.
The position responsible for ensuring that the Branch Operations has optimal number of human resources required to deliver its goals in respect to number and capability, ensuring that staff are properly vetted on recruitment, are delivering to their required standards and that the policies and processes used to manage human resources are in line with best practice, promote staff motivation and performance while operating in line with legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Country HR Manager at Head Office the Branch HR Manager shall be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- In liaison with your supervisor, put in place HR strategies and plans that are aligned to and support the achievement of strategic goals.
- Support in the to develop, implement and communicate HR management policies and procedures that reflect GW standards and culture, train managers and supervisory staff on their application and revise them as necessary to ensure continued compliance with statutory requirements.
- Monitor all HR activities and practices to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policies.
- Manage and support vetting, selection and recruitment of staff and work closely with the Human Resources Manager – Malawi, heads of Department and line managers to identify and define vacancies and suitably qualified staff to fill these.
- Effectively manage service providers including agents, consultants providing HR related services, to ensure that the company is provided with optimal services and value for money.
- Ensure that all staff are contracted as per company policy and monitor to ensure timely end of probation confirmations and renewals of contracts where applicable. Develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive induction and orientation programmes for all new staff.
- Support in the development of effective and competitive compensation and benefits structures to attract and retain staff. Ensure alignment of employee reward to performance.
- Drive the development of a high performing culture within GW by ensuring timely completion of goal setting, bi-annual reviews and annual appraisals. Ensure optimal feedback processes and performance improvement planning.
- Manage disciplinary issues in line with the provisions of the Employment Act and company policy and ensure fairness and transparency, thus minimizing instances of litigation.
- Drive grievance resolution and ensure that all pertinent issues are addressed in a fair, confidential and transparent manner where possible without becoming a legal issue. Where disputes become legal issues supporting the cases with timely provision of information to lawyers as appropriate.
- Develop, career development and succession plans that address the current and future business requirements of GardaWorld and offer returns on investment. • Facilitate employee learning and development by assessing capability, identifying gaps and designing training interventions to redress them. Expected to identify business, department and individual needs and develop and roll out the training calendar activities as required.
- Work closely with your supervisor to put in place employee welfare programs that ensure the general well-being of staff and ensure that staff are focused and supported to deliver in line with expectation.
- Put in place systems for managing staff records, including personal data, annual leave and off days, sick leave etc, ensuring that these are kept up to date and adhere to relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring existence of harmonized Industrial Relations and act as the key point of contact with the Trade Unions. Coordination with key government agencies for employment perspective and liaising with government bodies to ensure successful running of labour matters.
- In liaison with your supervisor, administer insured staff benefits schemes including medical schemes, pension schemes, Group Personal Accident/WIBA, etc. • Manage staff capacity and skill levels within the Branch HR management department to meet current and planned outputs; and
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support departmental staff through training, mentorship and coaching
Qualifications & Experience and Other Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, General Management or business administration
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least 10 years of experience in human resources management
- Technical skills in most if not all aspects of human resources management with focus on recruitment and selection, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, HR Policies
- Solid expertise of industrial relations management and experience of working in a labour intensive and unionized environment, and
- Knowledge and working experience with the Malawi Labour Laws
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style
- Planning, coordination, work monitoring and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers
- Results oriented with excellent negotiation, interpersonal, communication and social skills
- A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player and able to work with remote supervision in a diverse environment
- Good decision-making skills with a sense of diplomacy, attention for detail and strong analytical ability
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity; and
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications supported by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and three traceable referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
GardaWorld (M) Limited
P.O. Box 31721
or via email to Email: Careers.Mw@garda.com
Not later than 30th November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers.Mw@garda.com