Standard Bank Plc
To grow, maintain and retain a portfolio of private banking customers in line with the segment value propositions, related initiatives and activities aimed at creating value for the client and the bank.
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree in business Commerce (Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing)
- 3-4 years banking experience.
- Experience in sales, service, relationship management, credit applications and financial acumen (i.e., proven sales track record in the financial service industry.)
- Responsible for the achievement of financial budgets for the portfolio through optimal growth of balances, margin management and revenue streams.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act requirements.
- Plan and implement annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Explaining and structuring/ customizing credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts.
- Motivate and process non-scored credit applications.
- Notify customers regarding the approval/ decline of credit loan facilities.
- Explore alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.
- Monitor of daily referrals to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit. Exercising discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Manage and control industry sector, client exposure, and securities held to contain risk.
- Implement and control the pricing tactics and parameters for the portfolio in line with pricing policy and financial targets.
- Measures, track and manages sales targets and budgets for the portfolios.
- Approve and/or make recommendation for all pricing concessions outside the Relationship Managers/Regional and/or Zonal Commercial Head mandate.
- Ensures recovery of all revenue generating fees from customers in the portfolio.
- Drives and monitors the financial performance of the portfolio by proactively implementing measures that promote full banking relationship with customers.
- Drives the growth of non-financial performance such as DTF ratio, new customer acquisition, Net Promoter Score, updated customer information, accurate segmentation of customers in the portfolio, effective migration of customers to appropriate segments, etc.
- Articulating Information
- Conveying Self-Confidence
- Convincing People
- Developing Strategies
- Empowering Individuals
- Establishing Rapport
- Examining Information
- Exploring Possibilities
- Impressing People
- Interacting with People
- Interpreting Data
- Making Decisions
- Producing Output
- Providing Insights
- Pursuing Goals
- Seizing Opportunities
- Taking Action
- Thinking Positively
- Understanding People
- Upholding Standards
- Banking Process & Procedures
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Understanding ( Consumer Banking)
- Financial Acumen
- Product Knowledge (Consumer Banking)
- Risk Identification
- Risk Reporting
To apply for this job please visit www.standardbank.com.