Music Crossroads Malawi
MUSIC CROSSROADS MALAWI
Manager “The Daughters Band”
Music Crossroads Malawi is in the process of recruiting a band manager for The Daughters Band.
“The Daughters Band” is Music Crossroads’ initiative aimed at empowering girls and young women through music and arts. The band is part of a wider initiative within the “Girls in the Arts Project” which Music Crossroads is championing. The band is currently comprising 9 passionate, creative and dynamic young ladies playing instruments and have own great repertoire.
The band manager is thus being sought to lead and manage the bands’ business and career development of its members. Among the qualities, the potential manager should be mature, trustworthy, accountable, and transparent. He/she must have impeccable track record in marketing, branding and networking business. A vast knowledge of the music and creative industry plus. Entrepreneurial skills will have an added advantage.
Band Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Asses and evaluate the business potential of the Band
- Develop and execute a branding and marketing strategy for the band.
- Develop a progressive network for the band and Music Crossroads
- Assisting bands in securing record deals with major labels.
- Advising bands on sound career decisions.
- Manage the day today affairs of the band.
- Effectively and efficiently managing all logistics for the bands’ performances
- Maintaining sound business relationships with all clients and customers for the band.
- Manage a database and records of all the activities for the band.
- Manage all financial records for the band as guided by Music Crossroads to meet the required standards.
- Ensuring that band members are aware of their responsibilities and are on time for interviews, recording sessions, rehearsals, meet and greets, and live performances.
- Collaborating with booking or touring agents to develop suitable touring schedules.
- Regular reporting to Music Crossroad Malawi to maintain the vision, mission and objectives of the band as per Music Crossroad Malawi’s direction.
Band Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Media or Journalism.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in music management is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a Band Manager.
- Sound knowledge of the music industry.
- Project proposal writing skills
- Experience with project management
- The ability to handle stressful or difficult situations.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation, networking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Trustworthy, creative, and persuasive.
Band Manager Package
Remuneration will be on a commission basis percentage of which will be agreed by the parties.
The Band Manager shall directly report to the office of the Director at Music Crossroads.
Method Of Application
Submit an application that includes cover letter, resume and copies of degrees/certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com