CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank Limited seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Back Office Controller.
Background of the organization
CDH Investment Bank Limited is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The Bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centers in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank Limited is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
In this regard, CDH Investment Bank Limited requires a highly skilled, motivated, and innovative person that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Back Office Controller, tenable at Lilongwe Banking Centre in Lilongwe.
The position reports to the Banking Centre Operations Manager- Lilongwe Banking Centre in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
- The incumbent will be required to direct efficiently and in a cost-effective manner the handling of transactions, records and data processing within the back office of the banking centre thus supporting operational efficiency with a view to achieving delivery of good customer service and profitability growth.
- Supervise and provide guidance to Customer Service Assistant at the enquiries desk, ensuring that transactions handled at the enquiries are executed correctly and customer service requirements are always achieved.
- Ensure superior customer service thereby contributing to the overall customer experience of CDHIB.
- The incumbent will be required to be always presentable and be available for all walk-in customers and other stakeholders in the customer service area.
- The incumbent will be expected to be knowledgeable and possess excellent communication skills.
- Supervise opening of all type of accounts for clients and staff, ensuring compliance with documentation and KYC formalities.
- Responsible for allocation of customer identification file in Flexcube and account numbers. Responsible to check information input for new accounts and authorization of same data in Flexcube.
- Custodian of signature cards and all mandate documents for accounts. To ensure documents are placed in secure storage after proper authentication by Banking Centre Management
- Responsible for verifying linkage of specimen signature to respective accounts in Flexcube and sign off the process.
- Responsible for production of bank statements for current accounts and supervising proper dispatch of these important documents
- Responsible for checking correctness of incoming transaction documents for customer accounts (checking correctness of cheques, deposit slips and internal vouchers ensuring dual signature compliance)
- Authorize transactions in Flexcube and ensuring that all transactions for the day are processed. (Ensure that all processed transaction documents are date stamped and authenticated)
- Responsible for validation of cheques and other payment instructions with account owners and maintain proper records of confirmation based on set limits for transactions.
- Custodian of processed transaction documents (paid cheques, internal debit vouchers and copy of customer deposit records). Manage stored items in archive to comply with policy for retention and retrieval procedures in liaison with the Archivist.
- Compile cheque book order and submit electronic records to cheque clearing for upload in Flexcube and thereafter to printers for production.
- Ensure cheque maintenance in Flexcube for all current accounts is up to date.
- Ensure transaction documents eligible for processing through the electronic cheque clearing are handled in accordance with the Automated Transfer System (ATS) rules and regulations and cheque clearing timelines are observed.
- Handle investment account transactions in all aspects.
- Responsible for implementing and handling standing order instructions and funds transfer requests from customers.
- Provide support services to all banking centers’ back-office operations ensuring that resources (material) and information is available to ensure processes are handled effectively.
- Manage and control archiving of all records jointly with Banking Centre Operations Manager, ensuring secure storage and ensuring adherence to regulated retention period and retrieval procedures.
- Perform relief duties for Chief Teller in cash management support to banking centre requirements.
- High integrity, discretion, disciplined individual.
- He/she needs to be very focused and attentive and have the ability to pay attention to detail however minute it might be.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Must be a motivated individual, dynamic, a fast learner and innovative
- Good customer service attribute
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Finance, Banking or its equivalent, Diploma in Banking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MS applications like Word and Excel
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar environment
Method Of Application
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 5th May, 2023.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444
To apply for this job please visit cdh-malawi.com.