Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven back-end developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills. Experience or desire to work with cloud environments is a plus.
- Work within a team to develop data warehousing solutions e.g. data sharing, data catalogues and ETLs
- Build APIs
- Maintenance & bug fixing
- Monitoring services and troubleshooting
- Responsible for deploying applications to cloud based platform, e.g. AWS using Kubernetes
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field;
- Fluency or understanding of Java technologies (Tomcat, Apache Web Server), PHP, or Python, Node and operating systems (shell scripting) is required;
- XML/JSON data;
- Docker, Postgresql
- Testing code, maintaining deployments to the live environment (github)
- Some experience with working in cloud based environments is preferable;
- Use version control systems (git);
- Excellent project and time management skills;
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to sit at desk for extended periods.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae with two traceable referees and samples/examples of your work should be sent: email@example.com by Friday, 18th November, 2022 or through firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.