Position: Association Field Officer
Location: Mchinji District
NASFAM Innovation and Productivity Centre (IPC), Mchinji.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Association Field Officer tenable at Mchinji NASFAM Innovation and Productivity Centre (IPC). Mchinji IPC is an affiliate Association of National Smallholder Farmers’ Association of Malawi (NASFAM). The Association Field Officer (AFO) reports to the Association Business Manager and is responsible for building capacity of smallholder farmers in order to improve their lives through farming.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Association Business Manager and Association Committee to identify training needs and to keep the Association training plan-up-to-date.
- Carry out all club (especially new clubs) and market center (action group) training programs as required by the Association
- Facilitate the implementation of Association programs
- Working with farmer leaders and the manager, facilitate the implementation of Association commercial programs including, but not limited to, bulk transport, bulk fertilizer, hessian collection, demonstration plots, crop marketing, and seed multiplication.
- Maintain strong communication links within the Association area of operation and help set up a network communication system between Association office, action groups and clubs.
- Be prepared at all times to “trouble-shoot” problems with clubs and market centers in a timely manner and to facilitate the solution to problems as they arise.
- Form working relationships with other agencies in area of operation including NGOs, Ministry of Agriculture Field Assistants and Development Officers and to coordinate activities where necessary.
- Participate in and contribute to the Association annual and quarterly activity planning process
- In conjunction with Association leaders, the manager and NASFAM advisors, assist in the planning and implementation of, and participate in, all Association meetings (general, annual, committee and sub-committee).
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis all reporting documents required by the Association including but not limited to Activity Summaries, time sheets and expense documents.
- Carry out other tasks that may be assigned by the Association Business Manager.
Qualification And Experience
- A Diploma in Agriculture or related field
- Three years of experience in the field of Agriculture extension and rural community development programmes.
- A good understanding of crop diversification and Livelihood security approaches to agricultural sector.
- Competency in participatory approaches to smallholder productivity and innovation
- Knowledge and skills in integrating agricultural science and technology to respond to customer demands
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines for work plans and reports.
- Ability to gather and analyse information skillfully; develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations and use reason even when dealing with emotional clienteles.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should drop their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae including contact details and three traceable referees at Mchinji NASFAM Office or send an email to email@example.com.