Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
Position : Associate Procurement Specialist
Reports to : Procurement Specialist
Location : LILONGWE
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Under the leadership and supervision of the Procurement Specialist, assist in the development and execution of a robust, competitive, and sustainable procurement and supply chain management strategy that is targeted at enhancing responsiveness to programmatic requirements as well as achieving Value for Money (VFM).
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive annual Procurement Plan for the Foundation and subsequently monitor its implementation.
- Critically analyse the completeness and adequacy of purchase requisitions further ensuring they comply with the Foundation policies and procedures before proceeding with the solicitation process.
- Work collaboratively with departments and provide sound, compliant and effective procurement guidance and solutions.
- Process the procurement requests as assigned by the Procurement Specialist in line with the laid down Foundation policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensuring that the proposals or quotations are solicited fairly, transparently, competitively and ethically in line with Foundation policies and procedures.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify emerging opportunities and risks and contribute to the mitigation response plan.
- Meticulously analyze the submitted proposals/quotations in terms of stipulated requirements and conformance to specifications.
- For procurements that are under the purview of the Procurement Committee, prepare adequate documentation for their review.
- Submit complete, accurate and well-organised procurement documentation for review and approval giving flow of the procurement process in line with the Foundation policies and procedures. Further, following up on pending reviews and approvals.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Specialist .
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management/Full Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) required/equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience working with an international non-profit organization
Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement.
Bonus Points if you Have:
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Government procurement regulations and policies.
- Strategic thinker.
- Knowledge of the local, regional and international sources of supply.
- Attention to detail.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Organised and results oriented.
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Suite (Windows Word Processing, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook)
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing date: 2nd December, 2022