Sun King’s global Human Resources team supports the people operations and productivity of more than 2,000 employees and 15,000 commission sales agents across multiple countries in Africa and Asia. The team is made up of diverse, dynamic, people-centric HR professionals, and united by a passion to serve off-grid consumers in a fast-growth company environment.
What you would be expected to do;
- Bring people expertise and develop solutions to help the business to deliver its strategy
- Act as a local point of people expertise, and influence and build relationships with people around the business
- Recruit staff across a range of professional levels, from associates to senior team leaders
- Facilitate learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversee end-to-end performance management process, including the performance improvement process, employee disciplinary meetings, annual reviews, and so on.
- Adhere to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Have 4+ years of HR management experience of a generalistic nature
- Posses a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management,social sciences or any other related discipline.
- Have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to work with cross functional teams and deliver on expectations
- Are excited about joining a fast growing, entrepreneurial and innovative environment with an opportunity to build teams, local HR practices and policies
- Are comfortable and experienced working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills,good attention to detail, analytical approach and problem solving ability.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry.
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
Greenlight recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About Sun King
Greenlight Planet designs, distributes, and finances the purchase of solar powered home energy solutions for the world’s 1.3 billion under-electrified consumers. We are market leaders in the distributed off-grid solar industry, and our Sun King™ products have enabled 76 million people around the world to access clean, reliable, solar powered light and energy at home.
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps, to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar powered televisions and fans and energy efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products up front or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Greenlight employs close to 2000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
Greenlight is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.
To apply for this job please visit greenlightplanet.pinpointhq.com.