TotalEnergies Malawi Marketing Limited
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Assistant
Transport Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Transport Manager and the
major activities of the position are:
1. Ensuring technical specifications of new vehicles entering the fleet are checked and conform to company standards before first usage.
2. Ensuring the current fleet in use is evaluated with respect to technical invariants and an action plan implemented for gap closure
3. Ensure all vehicles are vetted at least twice a year by an external agency approved by the company or government control agency
4. Ensuring objectives are set and communicated to contracted transporters to reduce the number of anomalies during vetting processes
5. Ensuring usage of On Board Computers to track inspection and preventive maintenance dates so that they are not exceeding regulatory requirements on technical fitness inspections, vetting, tank tightness inspections, insurance etc
6. Ensuring contracted transporters implement and carry out regular inspection and maintenance program of their vehicles
7. Taking part in accident and incident analysis and investigations.
8. Planning and carrying out internal and external transport audits, developing and following up on action plans.
Qualification and Experience
1. BSc in Mechanical Engineering with two years or above experience in a heavy goods vehicle maintenance workshop management/supervisory position.
2. Understanding of heavy goods vehicles technical configuration and operation
3. Capable of understanding complex processes and how they affect operations and business in general.
4. Negotiation capabilities, rigor, high integrity standards, resistance to stress and the ability to anticipate and react quickly.
5. Good command of English, written and spoken.
6. Good cross-functional & teamwork attitudes.
Method Of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications and resumes not later than Friday, 15th July, 2022 to: email@example.com under the title Assistant transport Manager.