National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012. NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million litres Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following position:
ASSISTANT OPERATIONS OFFICER – DISTRIBUTION (NOC07) – CODE: AOO-D2024 – Tenable at Head Office in Lilongwe
To assist in facilitating the distribution of petroleum products from NOCMA Depots to customers, supporting order management, and ensuring smooth operational processes within the Distribution Section.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in managing incoming orders from customers
- Assist in generating and managing orders in the Company’s Operating System
- Assist in facilitating incoming fuel processes from suppliers.
- Manage outgoing fuel from fuel reserves
- Liaising with and monitor movement of transporters from ports to Depots
- Liaising with clearing agents at the borders.
- Regular submission of reports
REPORTING LINE AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
The position of Assistant Operations Officer – Distribution, reports to the Operations Officer – Distribution and has no supervisory responsibility over the following posts:
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Planning and organizing – skills and abilities in work planning and execution.
- Communication and reporting – ability to collate data and provide information for management reports and information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Petroleum Studies (Oil and Gas), or Logistics and Supply Chain Management or related field, from an accredited institution.
- Full & current membership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- A minimum of one (1) year practical work experience in fuel distribution operations in a similar role.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th February 2024
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.