St. John of God College of Health Sciences
St. John of God College of Health Sciences (SJOGCHS) is a training institution of higher learning for health professionals in Malawi and its neighbouring countries. The College is a member of CHAM and operates under the proprietorship of Saint John of God Brothers of the Catholic church under Mzuzu Diocese. The College is committed to train highly qualified and dedicated health care professionals to be of service in the country and beyond. It strives to be a Centre of excellence in education, training, and research for the enhancement of quality health services in Malawi and the sub region. The College seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Assistant Librarian as follows:
Reporting to the College Librarian, the Assistant Librarian will be expected to work with members of the faculty, administration staff and students.
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to);
- Provide first line support to students and staff
- Manage Library Inventory and stock checks and prepare items list for removal.
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files to their designated areas
- Maintain record of items received, store issued and returned and file catalogue cards according to systems used
- Review records and issue cards in order to identify titles of overdue materials and delinquent borrowers
- Manage library computers so as to help students access internet.
- Monitoring latest development/trends in ICT as applicable to the College Library
- Performing other tasks as directed by College Librarian.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science.
- At least two years professional experience in a busy Academic Library.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Candidates with Diploma in Library and Information Science with at least five years’ work experience may be considered
- Willingness to work with people having mental health problems.
- Strict adherence to the organization’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
- Those with ICT skills and knowledge will have added advantage
Method Of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and at least three traceable referees should be addressed to:
The College Principal
St John of God College of Health Sciences
P.O Box 744
The closing date for receiving applications is 3rd November, 2023