World Relief is an international Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disaster response, and refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable.
World Relief Malawi, invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources Officer
Reports to: Human Resources Officer
Location: Country Office, Lilongwe, Malawi.
The purpose of the role is to support the Human Resources Officer.
Provide human resources support in the following human resources areas:
- Recruitment, selection and induction
- Employment contracts management
- Salaries and benefits administration
- Performance management
- Training and development
- Employee relations: disciplinary and grievance processes
- Human resources services delivery
- Occupational health, safety and welfare.
Manage the performance of reportees through:
- Effective use of the performance management system including establishment of measureable objectives, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration or Public Administration.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 years experience at this level.
Experience and knowledge of both human resources and programme support operations
- Strong organizational and management skills including problem solving;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- The Example of Jesus
- The Local Church
- Excellence and Continuous
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 6th December, 2022. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
World Relief is an equal Opportunity Employer. World Relief considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability. Women are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent to the following email address: