CIC Co-operatives General Insurance
TITLE: Assistant Claims Analyst
DEPARTMENT: CIC – Life LOCATION: Lilongwe
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed
The job role is to secure information on the assurance policies to verify the accuracy and completeness
of information on claims, applications, and related documents and analyses such information to produce reports that feed into decision-making process on all assurance cases.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Claims Manager
- Group Life Sales Representatives
- Underwriting department
- All CIC staff
- Service providers
- Insurance Associations
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Claim Assistant is expected to perform the following duties;
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals
- Organize or work with detailed office, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements adhered to at all times.
- Any other assigned duties as may allocated by management from time to time.
- Comply with CIC Africa policies and procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Doing the best in everything we do with total commitment
- Clarity and openness in all transaction
- Attaining goals through cooperation
- Embracing a Culture that encourages keenness, enthusiasm, passion, creativity and Innovation.
- Adhere to high moral standards and ethical values at all times
- Responsive to customer needs, going the extra Mile
- Minimum of Diploma in Insurance
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years work experience in the relevant field.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- High integrity
- Consistent and decisive
- Self-Driven and self-starter
- Pleasant and friendly
- Fair and objective
- Open minded
- Presentable and smart
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the CIC Equal Opportunities and
Diversity policies and procedures.
Method Of Application
Applications to be sent by 20th January 2024 to Recruitment.Malawi@mw.cicinsurancegroup.com