Synthesis Company Limited
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT@ Synthesis Company Limited
JOB OPPORTUNITY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER -BLANTYRE OFFICE
Synthesis agriculture company Limited is a private company that specializes in Agri-marketing, research and training, seed multiplication, unlimited extension services, implementation of innovative irrigation, water supply and engineering works, agri-business and financing. The company was established with an aim of promoting the agriculture sector, creating jobs for the youth, inspiring farmers and the retired through production, marketing and value addition. We have clear strategies for using collective innovations, technologies and knowledge in market developments as a way of delivering sustainable services to our clients, which makes us better over our competitors. Synthesis agriculture is therefore looking for dedicated professional Christians to be considered for job positions below.
AGRI-BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Synthesis agriculture wishes to recruit highly qualified and start up experienced persons to fill the post of Agri-Business Development Officer.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The incumbent will be responsible to handle and manager day to day Agri business programs, trainings, facilitates and development of relationship between farmers and company, coordinate and provide management of the field officers.
Coordinate farming programs and farm visits activities to help ensure that extension services are performed in accordance with the protocol, institution policy standards. Provide ongoing support to the farming community and in particular company farmers. Managing, Mobilizing and organizing Agri business trainings in line to company policy and protocol. Work closely with quality assurance and compliance officer facilitating farm visit and extension services program. Developing and implementing farming calendar, spray program from time to time in compliance with company policy. Ensure proper training of farmers, cooperatives, research personal and maintain documentation of trainings. Lead the preparation for study monitoring and evaluations. Attend weekly study specific team meetings, department and all staff meetings. Screen all laboratory results when received, interpret and follow protocol procedure. Prepare farm visits weekly reports and update the managing Director and other stake holder. Plan and Carry investigations, developing data collection tools, farm visit report book, training materials and standard operating procedure necessary around issues related to but not limited to protocol requirement. Ensure all financial expenditure related to study, training and extension services are properly managed and tracked.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A bachelor’s degree in agriculture general, or agronomy, agriculture extension and at least one year’s experiences in coordinating and managing farmers (Those with experiences in Watermelon, Soybean and Groundnuts farming will have added advantage).
- Experiences with extension services programs.
- Experience developing and maintaining organized Agri record systems
- Possess in depth knowledge of good farming practices and farm management.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to details and good teaching abilities.
- Ability to multi-ta and thrive in a detail-oriented environment.
- Superior computer skills with word processing, database operations, spreadsheet and data analysis in STATA and SPSS
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent in organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org