Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Regional Health Informatics Advisor will develop and implement health informatics strategies aligning with the region’s organizational goals and objectives. Evaluate, and support the effectiveness of informatics/digital health across the African region and will contribute to strengthening Health Informatics and digitization efforts. Additionally, they will be crucial in gathering, verifying, and visualizing data at the regional level.
Duty Station: Namibia, Zambia, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Egypt, or Malawi
- Support the development of performance dashboards for the country and regional leadership, allowing for transparency and oversight.
- Collaborate with country teams for the integration of technology programs and workflows.
- Develop and deliver training programs for informatics/digital health teams using health information systems and technologies.
- Monitor and evaluate the use of health information systems to identify areas for improvement and ensure compliance with organizational data management policy, local data privacy and security regulations.
- Maintain an open communication line with Informatics and M&E staff ensuring key internal stakeholders are aware of significant program developments and matters that may affect program operations and the protection of Project HOPE’s assets and reputation, including programmatic technical, administrative, and financial aspects.
- Technical lead in the developing and monitoring of IT-related service agreements related to Information Systems.
- Provide technical advice and support to IT-related activities associated with Information Systems and related technologies.
- Support the regional team in developing of research papers, articles, and analysis of project data.
- Support the development of Digital Health as part of business development.
- Fulfil other duties and responsibilities that the Country Representative may reasonably assign.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in programming and data management.
- Minimum two years of work experience in DHIS2 setup, maintenance, and development.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency in programming languages, Information systems and software tools used in Information Management, such as SQL, HL7, and EHR/EMR systems.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and health program management in a governmental or non-governmental organization.
- Demonstrable leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- English fluency, including excellent written English required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with regional teams and duty station staff to ensure productivity.
- Good team motivation skills, including training, capacity building, presentations, mentoring and skills transfer.
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal and written. Writing skills should include routine program status and activity reports.
- Strong analytical skills,
- Proficiency with IT, presentation and report writing capabilities.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, function as team/project leader, and work with a minimum of supervision and direction.
- Capable of thinking creatively and critically.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands: Must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment and communicate verbally.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level; and·
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
To apply for this job please visit www.projecthope.org.