Standard Bank Plc
The role shall be key in effectively managing and supporting the Bank’s current database systems (and their operating systems) and monitoring tools through the provision of timely, effective, and professional ICT services including backups and restore of Bank’s database systems (predominantly Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and MS-SQL), Database Health Checks and Performance Tuning. He/she shall also assist in managing underlying operating systems (Linux & Windows) for optimal performance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Oracle OCA / OCP certification or PostgreSQL Associate Certification or EDB PostgreSQL Associate / Professional Certification preferred
- 3-4 years’ work experience in Application Support, Database Administration, Batch Operations or Unix/Linux System Administration supporting mission-critical services.
- Good knowledge in Middleware Software [WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle Fusion, etc]
- Knowledge in technical deployment and operations standards and performance-tuning principles.
- Proven experience working with IT Infrastructure, Platforms and Application Systems
- Serve as the primary database administrator for supporting Core Banking and all peripheral systems.
- Perform database maintenance, performance tuning and related technical operations around data integrity and security.
- Participate in key projects in the bank involving technology infrastructure, platforms and application systems
- Support installations and implementations of new databases in the bank by ensuring thorough testing on the test environment before loading on the production and disaster recovery systems
- Monitor daily/monthly performance of Database servers both hardware and storage and develop action plans to remedy any degradation of service by conducting systems clean ups where necessary
- Ensure Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans are in place and tested periodically
- Monitor overall capacity utilization of Database hardware environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements and escalate to Manager where necessary.
- Ensure replication, backups and restore for databases are performed.
- Self-driven and able to meet strict timelines and SLAs
- Strong and ardent team player
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to think logically
- Proactive and logical thinking
- Analysis of data and facts
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies – PostgreSQL, Oracle DB, MongoDB, MySQL, MS SQL, Redhat Linux and OpenShift
- Good Command on Server Query Language (SQL)
- Good Knowledge in Middleware Platforms [JBoss, WebSphere, etc]
- Capacity and Availability Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Incident and Problem Management
To apply for this job please visit www.standardbank.com.