Main Purpose of the Position:
The administration department provides administrative and logistics services to program activities. The Administrative Officer assists in the preparation and execution of administrative support to projects.
Required Educational & Experience:
- An advanced diploma in Business & Administration / relevant qualification is required;
- Computer Literacy
- 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position may be accepted in lieu
- At least 4 years of working experience in a similar role
Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Capability to process a high workload
- Proven ability to apply good organization skills
- Experience with HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support is desired.
Key Performance Areas:
- Coordinating travel, both locally and nationally, for staff attending orientations, trainings and meetings, which includes arranging accommodation, per diems and transport reimbursements.
- Attending meetings of the program and operations departments in order to timely capture changes in scheduled activities.
- Managing the schedules and logistics for guests and clients of RTCM
- Collecting signatures for attendance at RTCM sponsored events and signatures against payment of allowances and per diems.
- Following up on items that need liquidation, process requests and reimbursable invoices for all project related activities.
- Prepare and update all projects’ staff airtime lists, ensuring staff receive their airtime timely.
- Coordinating between departments and operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems as assigned.
- Ensuring external applicants receive reimbursable expenses, such as per diem and transport, if applicable.
- Monitoring, stocking and ordering supplies for all RTCM Office Stores (ex. stationary, copy toner, etc.).
- Preparing office documents, reports, memo’s, letters and forms if and when required.
- Provide coverage in the absence of co-workers in the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit organisation (NPO) that supports and delivers prevention, care and treatment services for HIV and tuberculosis (TB), sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and Hepatitis C. RTC is a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO).
The RTC Group includes RTC South Africa, RTC Zambia NPC, RTC Malawi NPC, RTC Lesotho NPC, RTC United States NPC and Right ePharmacy. We develop and implement innovations in health technology, data science, pharmacy delivery and clinical care. Our solutions are primarily funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), various donors and private sector partners to fast-track HIV epidemic control.
We work with USAID and CDC country missions, implementing partners, ministries of health and other in-country stakeholders to provide innovative tailor-made solutions to end the HIV pandemic. Technical assistance and direct service delivery are provided and implemented by RTC International division in Lesotho, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Haiti, Myanmar, and Ukraine. RTC International harnesses best practice solutions focused on ending the global HIV pandemic.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.