Umodzi Holdings Limited
Umodzi Holdings Limited (UHL) was incorporated under Companies Act on 18th May 2012. UHL is 100% owned by the Government of the Republic of Malawi. UHL is currently managed as a highly prestigious domestic brand under the name ‘Umodzi Park and Resorts’ (UPR) and has the following properties at the heart of Malawi’s Capital City of Lilongwe which form part of its business establishment:
- Umodzi Park which comprises the magnificent Bingu International Convention Centre (BICC), Banqueting Hall, a 5-star hotel comprising 130 rooms and presidential suites; and
- The Presidential Village comprising 14 world class presidential villas which offer unique accommodation and office rental facilities.
UHL seeks to urgently engage suitably qualified Malawians to fill the vacant position of Administrative Assistant tenable in Lilongwe.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
Administrative Assistants main role is to provide support to the team and all guest at UHL, by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive to ensure a smooth operation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to complete assignments in a timely manner;
- Must have self-drive, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team working spirit.
- Must be conversant with modern corporate governance practices including reporting;
- Must be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant or in a similar role is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computer systems and software, such as Microsoft Office and email
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and handle a high-volume workload
- Fluency in English is required and additional language skills.
Method Of Application
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications by to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 23rd February 2024
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A concise letter, outlining how the applicant meets the requirements for this
position and providing a written consent to be subjected to whatever recruitment
probity checks necessary;
- Detailed curriculum vitae with contact details of three traceable referees of good
- Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications;
- A certified copy of a valid identification document (ID) such as a national ID or passport.
Please note that applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
The Chief Executive Officer
Umodzi Holdings Limited
P O Box 31489
Lilongwe 3, MALAWI
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org