Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/letters/documents.
- Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
Required Languages – English
Travel – N/a.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal : Procurement Manager, Administration Officer, Head of Operations
External : CRS Visitors and suppliers
- Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Business Administration preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer