Save the Children
Save the Children International is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Administration Officer. The Administration officer position is a central position for planning, implementation and coordination of the administrative operations of the country office. The administration officer will have delegated responsibility for the country office safety and security management and lead in tasks like processing visa for visiting guests and permits for international staff.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the Director of Human Resource, Safeguarding & Administration in monitoring administrative expenditure factored in the administration budget to ensure cost-effectiveness and prepare monthly reports for the same.
- Co-ordinate the renewal of the leases of office premises and international staff housing and support in quarterly payment of rental invoices.
- Support on all day-to-day admin activities.
- Support in the consolidation of the monthly support teams’ activities report.
- Assist the Director of Human Resource, Safeguarding & Administration in overseeing the daily running of the office and report any key concerns immediately
- Responsible for supplier management for admin-related suppliers.
- Responsible for coordination of visitors to the Country Office.
- Supervise, coach and conduct performance reviews of staff members under her/his supervision
Liaison and Protocols Support
- Responsible for all protocol matters, building and maintaining relationships across all government officials.
- Coordinate the provision of protocol services between Save the Children Malawi Office and other stakeholders including Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security, NGO Board, Congoma among others
- Contribute to the improvement of quality and efficient service by applying innovative initiatives to protocol management
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to obtain visas, permits to stay for visiting Save the Children International staff and resident staff.
- Maintain visitors’ tracker and update in a timely manner for monthly reporting
- Coordinate on all immigration-related matters, ensuring professional liaison with various authorities
Events Management Support
- Support in the coordination of events from conception to effective close-out including flights, hotel accommodation and transportation coordination and effective registration of participants during events
- Support in information dissemination during events while maintaining timelines and priorities for every event
- Support in raising of PRs (Procurement Requests) in Prosave for international events where the requester is not based at the Country Office
- Provide guidance on Visa application processes for participants during international events.
- Maintaining a quarterly updated events tracker for visibility of events taking place at the Country Office
- Provide onsite administrative support in meetings and learning events as per specific requests
- Support in post-event bills analysis from suppliers ensuring that all required supporting documents are shared for ease of payment processing.
Safety & Security related support
- Providing security briefing at events and meetings hosted by the Country Office.
- Develop, socialize and maintain an up-to-date security/communication tree, and conduct quarterly tests of the security/communication tree.
- Quarterly update of the Malawi Pre-departure Information (PDI) document.
- Organize Annual First Aid and Fire Safety training for all staff as part of the Occupational Health and Safety requirements and ensure office/staff compliance with the OHS best practices.
- Organize Annual Occupational Safety and Health Audit and Fire Safety Audit.
- In liaison with the Human Resources, Administration and Safeguarding team, ensure that the office is conducive with regard to the health and safety of staff.
- Maintain a record of security-related mandatory online courses database in liaison with the HRAS team
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Minimum 4 years of administration experience or programme support operations with oversight responsibilities in large international non-governmental organizations or other international relief/development bodies
- Strong planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Experience in dealing with Immigration and the INGO Board
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of administration and ensuring the most effective support ;
- High level of maturity, and strong people management skills, with experience in a multicultural and diverse team;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity; Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Location: Lilongwe Country Office
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.