Position: Accounts Officer
Location: Mchinji District
NASFAM Innovation and Productivity Centre (IPC), Mchinji.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Accounts Officer tenable at NASFAM Mchinji Innovation and Productivity Centre (IPC). Mchinji IPC is an affiliate Association of National Smallholder Farmers’ Association of Malawi (NASFAM). The Accounts Officer reports to the Association Business Manager and is responsible for handling finances of the IPC.
The Accounts Officer is responsible for providing financial support to the IPC to ensure smooth running of the office. This includes handling day to day financial operations of the office, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash handling, payments and compliance to NASFAM’s policies. He/she implements and maintains an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of NASFAM Mchinji IPC’s financial operations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the cashbook.
- Support audit preparation
- Maintain proper coding of expenditures/expenses, as per NASFAM reporting requirements and charts of account.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of bank statements and send monthly ledger statements to the IPC manager and ensure the financial documentations are timely issued.
- Payroll management.
- Manages office petty cash.
- Preparation of both monthly and other regular financial reports.
- Issuing payments and preparing cheques
- Processes for the signature of the authorised officers, the relevant documentation to effect payment while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the processed transactions.
- Keep an accurate financial tracking system for all expenditures.
- Acknowledges, banks and account for receipts.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in accounting
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
- Must be a self-starter with strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Able to effectively communicate
Method of Application
Interested applicants should drop their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae including contact details and three traceable referees at Mchinji NASFAM Office or send an email to email@example.com.