Banja La Mtsogolo
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 25 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (1)
Reporting Line: Centres and Revenue Accountant
Location: Lilongwe, Support Office
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible to support revenue accountability from centres/clinics on monthly basis. He/she will be working closely with the Centres and Revenue Accountant in making sure that invoices from centres are submitted to the insurance companies. The position will also support in reconciliation of debtors, account allocation for debtors and booking of petty cash expenses for clinics. She/he will also be responsible for proper filing of receipts and invoices, support follow up of invoice payments from the insurance clients as well as support in external and internal audit exercise periodically.
- Timely submission of invoices to clients.
- Client records are always kept safe and secure.
- Filing of invoices for submission to the clients.
- Debtor reconciliations are done properly.
- Support reconciliation of debtors on monthly basis.
- Petty cash reporting and liquidation for centres.
- Ensure for the management of clients’ files ensuring that all information is filed for reference use and record keeping.
- Ensure for the safe keeping of invoices files to ensure that all documents and files are safeguarded to prevent loss of information.
- Develop a filing system of clinic financial documents that will ensure for the easy and quick retrieval of files as and when needed.
- Update project files through ensuring that all relevant project documentation is available on hard and soft copy.
- Assist in the monthly reporting and clinic financial progress.
- Assist in monthly development and dissemination of the clients’ updates.
- Proper reconciliation of debtors.
- Support in compliance in debtors’ management using MSI requirements.
- Support filing of clients’ contracts to ensure they are valid.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager from time to time.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in Accounting.
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting specifically in donor reporting and project financial internal reporting.
- NGO experience.
- Highly organized and methodical
- Strong computer literacy and excel skills, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Experience in accounting packages like SUN SYSTEM.
- High level of integrity to ensure proper accountability of resources
- Pro-choice and committed to BLM’s mission of supporting women to have “children by choice and not chance”. Ability to demonstrate BLM’s core values of Accountability, Equality, Value for Money.
Method Of Application
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous employers from the recent past)
All applications should be addressed to:
The Corporate Services Director, Banja La Mtsogolo, P.O. Box 1854, LILONGWE.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; to reach her not later than Friday 19th May 2023.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunity employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com