Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited
Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited is searching for an experienced, proactive and exceptionally detail-oriented Accounting Manager. This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with a key position in the Finance department of a rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills coupled with established management and leadership qualities to lead a team of Finance Support Officers. In addition, he/she will also possess strong written and oral communication skills, a general willingness to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to foster
an environment of continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in budget development, budgetary control, forecasting, financial modelling, and the development, design and implementation of systems and controls, financial policies and procedures; Management, department heads and other stakeholders for the review and monitoring of the institutions and the departments’ financial performance;
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer to monitor Restricted Funds, their conditions, income earned from them and appropriate accounting treatment.
- Providing an oversight on all partner agreements including accounting of the same and ensuring loan commitments are honoured timely in Liaison with the banking partners.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial and management reporting, including analysis of variances against budget to Executive
- Produce reconciliations including Loan book alignment between Xero and Musoni and analysis, with supporting documentation, to check the accuracy and consistency of income against the Core Banking System. This should be done on a timely basis and include highlighting, reporting, investigation and resolution of variances;
- Collaborate with the rest of the Finance team to ensure full compliance with all statutory payments such as VAT, WHT and PAYE, Provisional tax, and Income tax as well as all compliance requirements for grant funding.
- Review ledger Perform monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations and maintain records of the same.
- Assist Auditors during the annual financial audit process and prepare ad hoc financial reports including financial statements for purposes of audit and any other reports as directed by your manager from time to time;
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Auditing.
- Full professional training and qualifications in accounting such as CIMA, ACCA, CPA or ACA is a distinct advantage.
- A solution-oriented outlook, exceptional integrity and a strong work ethic.
- 6+years of progressive responsibilities within Accounting/Finance functional areas, including at least 3 years of management experience.
- Exposure to best-practice financial management in a financial institution or an audit firm.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and cloud-based accounting software such as Xero or Quickbooks Online.
Method Of Application
To express an interest in this role, qualified candidates are required to submit an updated CV along with a brief cover letter detailing how they meet the above requirements to email@example.com by November 6th, 2023 with “Accounting Manager Job” in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org