Main Purpose of the Job:
Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analysing and investigating variances; summarising data, information, and trends. Prepares annual statements by assembling data from various sources. Responsible to review of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashbook for accuracy. Ensure all balance sheet and general ledger entries are done correctly and sign off on recons before it goes into management file. Responsible to review transactions on control general ledger for accuracy.
Required Education & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting
- Completed Articles
- Accounting experience 3 – 5 years
Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
- Ethics & Integrity
- Planning & Organising
Key Performance Areas:
- Adhere to pre-set deadlines for the finance department for reporting purposes on a monthly basis.
- Generate management files for reporting purposes on a quarterly basis.
- Review all company general ledger reports to ensure that the allocations are correct.
- Reporting on financial performance.
- Responsible to prepare weekly forecast report and cash balance report to submit to Finance Manager.
- Enforce timely month end closure.
- Responsible along with the assistance of the Finance Officer for reconciliation of accounts for all grants.
- Assist with the annual audit preparations by preparing any request or supporting documentation needed.
- Review of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashbook for accuracy and approve.
- Review the creditors and debtors age analysis of all companies and ensure that creditors are paid timeously.
- Review and release online payments through online banking submitted by Finance Officer
- Assist in the maintenance of chart of accounts by creating the necessary general ledger account codes in Pastel.
- Create of supplier and customers profiles onto the system.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) relating to financial and accounting principles.
- Identify weaknesses in the system and recommend to the Finance Manager internal control systems to be implemented.
- Review policies and procedures for the finance department and provide input and recommendations for necessary changes to the Finance Manager.
- Check that suspense accounts have a nil balance.
- Assist with the reconciliation of all balance sheet items for all grants and assign fewer complex reconciliations to the Finance Officer.
- Assist when required with the month end closing processes for all grants.
- Review month end closing processes for all grants by ensuring that the Finance Officer have updated cashbooks, accounts payable batches, journals and accounts receivables batches.
- Ensure that the correct assets are added onto the fixed assets register.
- Review and post the depreciation journal received from the Asset Officer onto Pastel on a monthly basis.
- Review fixed assets schedule to establish that it correlates accurately to the general ledger.
- Responsible for compiling financial statements (such as the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of profit and loss).
- Performing financial calculations.
- Analysing financial data to provide the company with information that will assist in future planning and decision-making.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant financial laws and regulations.
- Developing and implementing financial recordkeeping systems.
- Check that all the control accounts have a nil balance and recommend necessary changes to the Finance Manager
- Assist with payroll reconciliations for all grants
- Prepare a payroll journal based on the payroll report and the VIP payroll summary and upload onto Pastel.
- Submit the payroll journal for review and posting when required to.
- Reconcile the payroll account on a monthly basis and submit to Line Manager in the management pack.
- Responsible to identify errors and correct errors from payroll report or general ledger (e.g. misallocations).
- Facilitate the payments to third parties by instructing either Finance Officer or Payroll daily.
- Implement a performance management process within the team which aligns to the Right to Care performance management policy in order to meet departmental objectives.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each team member is aware.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for Accountants.
- Build a productive team through effective leadership and guidance.
- Continuously develop, support, mentor and train all subordinates.
- Ensure team meets pre-defined deadlines.
- Train and support staff where possible areas of development arise.
- Assist subordinates in journal, accounts payable cashbook, pastel allocation queries to ensure effective knowledge transfer.
- Provide training and support to financial and non-financial staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and internal controls.
- Facilitate career guidance conversations with subordinates.
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit organisation (NPO) that supports and delivers prevention, care and treatment services for HIV and tuberculosis (TB), sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and Hepatitis C. RTC is a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO).
The RTC Group includes RTC South Africa, RTC Zambia NPC, RTC Malawi NPC, RTC Lesotho NPC, RTC United States NPC and Right ePharmacy. We develop and implement innovations in health technology, data science, pharmacy delivery and clinical care. Our solutions are primarily funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), various donors and private sector partners to fast-track HIV epidemic control.
We work with USAID and CDC country missions, implementing partners, ministries of health and other in-country stakeholders to provide innovative tailor-made solutions to end the HIV pandemic. Technical assistance and direct service delivery are provided and implemented by RTC International division in Lesotho, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Haiti, Myanmar, and Ukraine. RTC International harnesses best practice solutions focused on ending the global HIV pandemic.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.