Accountant will be responsible for all daily financial transaction, payments, recording and monitoring of Ana Ndi Achinyamata Patsogolo (ANAPA) project by Project HOPE Namibia (PHN) in accordance with GAAP and Project HOPE Namibia’s policies and procedures and organizational guidelines.
She/He will work closely with Finance Director, and Chief of Parties and other project managers.
As part of the finance team the accountant will maintain a complete filing system to support audits and fulfillment of PHN external and internal reporting.
|Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
|· Ensure accuracy and timely recording of financial transactions through daily verification of all financial transactions.
·Ensure contractual compliance with organization and Donor financial regulations and requirements on daily basis.
· Monitor the standard operating procedures, systems and controls to ensure efficiency of the Finance functions.
·Review and approve all funds requests for processing according to organization signing and approvals matrix.
· Support users and oversee the performance of QuickBooks accounting system regarding general ledger, payables, and receivables.
· Verify and first-line approve payments and payroll transactions.
· Verify and check payroll transactions.
· Reconciling and closing all receivables on monthly basis
· Ensure efficient and consistent timelines for payroll and statutory deductions submission to the bank and MRA.
· Assist with yearly internal and external audit.
· Manage performance of accounting staff and work closely with district accounting personnel.
· Receiving and reviewing all the projects requisitions from the districts before submitting them for payments
· Review monthly project specific bank reconciliations, to monitor movement of funds of all projects.
· Review and monitor budget versus actual expenditure ensuring that projects are adherent to their budgets and activity plans of the projects.
· Support the costing process during the development of annual budgets, in collaboration with technical leads.
· Support Finance Manager with close-out budgets, assets verification, recording and reporting.
· Carry out asset verifications both at head office and districts.
|Minimum Qualifications and expérience requiredDegree qualified in Finance/Accounting/ACCA
· Knowledgeable of USAID policies and regulations regarding financial management and compliance
· Strong practical knowledge of accounting information systems particularly Quick Books.
· Good knowledge of local tax laws.
· Experience managing the annual audit and preparing annual financial statements.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and abilities Required.
· Strong planning, analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
· Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· High level of integrity
· Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, Internet, and Microsoft Windows applications.
· Strong attention to detail and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience of working with donors especially PEPFAR, Global fund and other NGO’s
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
· Willingness to travel out of duty station and to district offices.
1. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines.
3. Ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment in a team set up.
To apply for this job please visit projecthope.csod.com.