Lilongwe Academy International School (TLAIS)
The Lilongwe Academy International School (TLAIS) is an international private school, conveniently situated in Area 47/4 Lilongwe behind Silver Stadium. The School is founded on the firm belief that every child is unique, but all children need excellent education and motivation of their spirit, mind and body to be well developed as future responsible citizens and leaders. Hence the motto “Academic Excellence and Beyond!” Its mission is to achieve distinction and excellence in academic performance, sports, conduct and be exemplary in preserving our culture and perfect life skills.
The Lilongwe Academy now invites applications from Candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience as follows:
Among other duties the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Supervise and reconcile the following accounting functions, including but not limited to; general ledger, accounts payables, accounts receivables, monthly bank reconciliation and inventory reconciliation.
- Analyzing payments to ensure compliance with budget.
- Prepare financial status report.
- Do journal entries as per established and statutory accounting standards.
- Providing financial information for business analysis and auditing when needed.
- Process payments and invoices accurately and timely as per company procedures.
- Verify financial statements, ledgers and account for errors and make appropriate corrections or refer to supervisor if errors are of complex nature.
- Prepare period end journals for prepayments, accruals and depreciation.
- Collaborate with accounts team to support various accounting activities on daily basis.
- Performs any other relevant duty as required by the Academy.
Qualifications, Competences and Skills
- University degree from a recognizable institution in Accountancy or Business Administration or Finance.
- Those with or working towards attaining a professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA will have an added advantage.
- Expertise in Accounting, Financial Controls and all relevant laws with regard to financial management.
- Knowledge of various accounting packages such as Quick Books and Sage Line.
- Computer literate in office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point).
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good communication skills in English both written and oral.
- Plans own work effectively and keeps producing high quality work under increased pressure.
- Puts social and ethical standard into practice.
- Willing to learn and adapt to one’s own position and situation.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Should be aged 30 and above
- Self-motivated, team player, innovative and result oriented.
Method Of Application
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, CV and copies of certificate through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to: The Principal, The Lilongwe Academy, P/Bag B499, Lilongwe 3, not later than 03 November, 2023. To get information about the Academy please visit our Website: www.lilongweacademy.ac.mw.