Lifleco Farmers and Marketing Cooperative Society Limited
Lifleco Farmers and Marketing Cooperative Society Limited is a membership-based agricultural organization formed by smallholder farmers around Midzemba, kanono and Kamwamba in Neno district. With funding from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), Lifleco Cooperative is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Program (LIP) project whose aim is to improve the nutritional wellbeing of its members particularly those with Non-Communicable Disease (NCDs) as well as improving the social-economic and building strong resilience of its members. The Cooperative will establish a demonstration site under the Integrated Farming System (IFS) model which will act as a learning centre for its members as well as the main cooperative production and
aggregation centre. Lifleco Cooperative intends to apply part of the funds for the recruitment of a management team to help in the daily management of the demo-site and its operations. The cooperative is, therefore, looking for self-motivated and qualified Malawians to fill up the vacant positions available at the Cooperative Office as follows:
Reporting to: The Cooperative Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely preparation of quarterly disbursement requests
- Budget management
- Coordinate the procurement process
- Facilitate and participate in all key USADF and Cooperative trainings and meetings,
- Facilitate internal pre-audits and external audits.
- Workhand in hand with ‘Partner Office’ finance team in managing the Cooperative’s finances.
- Advise Board and Management on best financial management practices in compliance with national laws and ADF rules.
- Timely remittance of all taxes and other related mandatory remittances to national regulatory bodies.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and submitting to donor through partner office.
- Ensure that all cooperative accounts are up to date.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in accounting.
- At least 1 year work experience in managing donor funds.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Be a self-starter.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of accounting packages will be an advantage
- Willing to work and stay in rural areas (proximity to Lifleco Cooperative Offices).
Method of Application
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should send their applications enclosing copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees, mobile numbers, and e-mail addresses to:
The Chairperson, Lifleco Cooperative Society Limited, C/o Kasenjere TDC, P/ Bag 2, Neno, Malawi. Applications can be delivered by hand at Lifleco Cooperative, near Midzemba Trading
Centre, UMODZI Consulting Zalewa office (Within Lisungwi EPA Agriculture office) and Neno Office (Old FPAM Office) Or be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving the applications is Friday ,20th of January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Qualified ladies are encouraged to apply. Lifleco Farmers and Marketing Cooperative Society Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Transportation and other related costs by candidates will not be reimbursed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com