Yellow’s goal is to build an enduring business that makes life better for our customers
and creates great lives for our team. We provide solar-power electricity solutions and
financed smartphones which makes these life changing products affordable to bottom of
the pyramid households.
Our story is simple- we want our customers to enjoy a better life with energy in their
home with a financed solar system, internet all the time with a financed smartphone and
afford them opportunities through an ecosystem of digital and financial services.
We started selling through a network of rural agents and managed them remotely with
technology, through a web-based platform we have developed called Ofeefee. Our
operation is lean because it uses exponential tech solutions, which allows us to
efficiently meet the challenges of last-mile distribution. But NOW…
What will you be joining?
Instead of launching first with an agent based network such as our previous ventures in
Malawi and Uganda, we are first going to start by selling through urban based
smartphone merchants (smartphone merchant shops). We want to understand in the
quickest and least stock intensive way – how customers in each respective country
repay their loans and can we become the biggest sustainable smartphone financing
company in Africa.
Who are we looking for?
You will be managing a portfolio of smartphone merchants of which you will drive their
collections(repayments), customer support, sales support and anything that your
merchants may need to succeed as a business. Yellow will equip you with the tools and
support. You will succeed in this role if you have strength or interest in running your own
business currently or one day and love to take full ownership of a project. You should
have a curious and creative mind, be eager to learn and build on your business
acumen, as well as being able to address matters with pragmatism and practicality.
● Long-term oriented
● Performance based
● Great Communicator
● Happy to work with technology
● Very comfortable communicating (Speaking, Reading, Writing) in English
● If applying for Rwanda, must be able to speak and write Kinyarwanda, French an
● Able to communicate effectively upwards to Senior Management
● Have strong leadership skills
● A go-getter, not shy at starting a conversation with merchants and customers
● Access to an Android smartphone or willing to finance a phone through Yellow
Remuneration and benefits:
● Performance based salary
● Exponential growth path within the company
● A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a world class
To apply for this job please visit www.yellow.africa.