Coca-Cola Beverages Limited
We are looking for competent, self-motivated, skilled and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position tenable at our Lilongwe offices.
COUNTRY PUBLIC AFFAIRS, COMMUNICATIONS AND SUSTAINABILITY DIRECTOR
Reports to : General Manager and Southern Region PACS Director
Job Grade: 19
Purpose of the Job
Country Public Affairs, Communications &amp; Sustainability Director is a senior PACS role in the country and it forms part of the Country Management Team. The individual plays an important role in leading and directing PACS’s agenda to enhance corporate reputation, mitigate regulatory risks and forge meaningful partnerships to drive our sustainability agenda.<\/p>\n<p>This role is required to cascade and gain employee buy-in of business strategy through the implementation of internal communication channels and enhancing of CCBA reputation<br \/>\nwith local stakeholders and communities via the management of Stakeholders, Public Relationships and Media Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic &amp; Operational Focus
- To develop a focused strategy and plan, deliver the objectives through proactive and reactive media relations, internal communications, government and other key stakeholder relations, industry affairs, and sustainability activities
- To oversee and co-ordinate the effective implementation of the country’s PACS plan through media relations, corporate information and publications, internal communications, government relations, industry affairs and corporate accountability programmes.
- To ensure that CCBA has necessary information and publications to build stakeholder awareness, understanding and reputation.
- Ensure that on key issues are communicated to employees in a timely fashion, and that they are co-ordinated with external announcements.
- To ensure a government relations programme that effectively manages regulatory risks
- To ensure that CSR issues are strategically aligned with business objectives and demonstrably build reputation for the company among key stakeholders.
- To ensure that the CCBA has robust sustainability projects around Doing Business the Right Way and build effective partnerships with external organisations to support sustainability efforts.
- Ensure that CCBA country has systems and processes in place to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders in the event of a crisis and that these processes include protocols for when and how the corporate centre need to be involved; applying the guidelines set out
- Create PACS yearly budget and plan implementation.
Professional Skills and Competencies
The Applicant must have Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of:
- Local/ regulatory processes, the priorities and agenda of key policymakers and the inter-relationship between them.
- Local, regional and international media, the stories that interest them and how they work, including the different characteristics and requirements of different types of media, as well as the inter-relationships between them
- Local/regional NGOs, their agenda and how they work
- Social and environmental issues for business
- Best practice internal communications and techniques
- Has the analytical skills to interpret key trends and emerging issues in terms of their impact on CCBA and/or the Coca-Cola corporate brand.
- Creative skills required to develop compelling programmes and communication campaigns.
- Organisational skills to co-ordinate the effective delivery of multiple stakeholder communications and cross-functional projects.
- Communication skills to develop and maintain a comprehensive network of relationships with a broad range of different stakeholders.
- Credibility to counsel and advise senior management on key developments within the external environment, their possible implications for the company and to make considered recommendations to address them
- Judgement and international perspective to recognise situations and events that could have an impact on other markets or Coca-Cola as a whole
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Key Competences
- Business Degree e.g., Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Communications Science, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Law, Commerce.
- Minimum of 5 years in Public Affairs, Corporate Communications, Sustainability and/or related fields including advertising, marketing, brand management or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Understanding of local Government, Government Regulations and Laws and motivations behind their actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Analysis, Strong Advocacy and Presentation, Communications, and Diplomatic Skills, Avanced Writing & Public Speaking in English, Project & Budget Management.
- Extensive understanding of country.s socio-political-economic dynamics and how to derive System advantage from these.
- Leading, mobilizing and guiding industry to present joint positions to government and local authorities on all matters of mutual business interest
Mode Of Application
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply by sending their application letter including a detailed CV, copies of certificates and names and contact details of three traceable references to the following address:
Coca-Cola Beverages Limited
Realty House, Churchill Road,
P O Box 5133, Limbe
Or email: email@example.com
The closing date for receiving applications is 9th September, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Coca-Cola Beverages Limited is an equal opportunities employer, therefore all men, women, and those with disability are encouraged to apply.