One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
We are seeking a MEL professional with 2+ years of experience in data collection and field team management within our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) department. You will be mostly office based with regular field visits to check for data quality and assess overall field team performance. This role requires a person who proactively seeks to improve the performance of colleagues through mentoring and constructive problem-solving. You will report to the MEL Coordinator and you will be based in Ntcheu or Dedza and will be managing a team of 10 enumerators and 2 field supervisors from the two districts.
- Make sure the field team in all districts have enough survey materials. Materials include stationary, clothing and electronic
- Make detailed survey work plans for the field team
- Update toolkits
- Printing training materials
- Facilitate Survey training and Pretests with minimum supervision
- Dry testing surveys. Be the first to test the newly released version of surveys and provide feedback
- Asses the tests and act on the rightful recommendation eg retraining, rewriting the test etc
- Write Field team meeting agendas
- Export data in compare
- Create test questions
- Code test questions to compare
Field Team Management
- Manage all District Supervisors and the whole field team. Make sure the team is supported
- Make at least 1 field visit in a week to check data quality and team performance
- Make all payment requests as needed for the team, eg transport, airtime, accommodation, per diem etc
- Make procurement requests for all materials needed by the team eg, stationary, clothing, electronics etc
- Print all team-related materials including survey training, toolkits, guides etc
- Follow up with HR so the team has received Payslips
Hiring and Training
- Conducting enumerator and field supervisor interviews
- Onboarding new District Supervisors
- Overseeing the Onboarding of new Field agents and Field Supervisors
- Training District supervisors in professional development training
- Write weekly reports and present them to the manager during weekly Check-Ins
- Report field challenges with tentative solutions to the manager
Data Quality Management
- Download GPS coordinates data
- Generate Maps using the GPSs to enhance DQM
- Make follow-ups on any issues to do with GPS errors
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll be able to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Community Development, Agriculture, or any related field
- 2+ years of experience with Data collection using Commcare is a requirement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite( Excel and Word) and Google suite
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Ntcheu or Dedza, Malawi
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malawi
9 September 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.